Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A thought for today, tomorrow and from now on........  (Read 2137 times)
bbrown
Editors
old

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »

Here is an idea that is long past due and one I, personally, am putting into effect today! Wish I had done it a long time ago.

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshoper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would .   With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American .
Good idea . . .   one light bulb at a time . . . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowes the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all made in China .. The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there . They were made in USA . Start looking .

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is m arked made in Mexico now . I do not buy it any more . My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico now .   I have switched to Crest .. You have to read the labels on everything .

This past weekend I was at Kroger . I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled, "Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they=2 0were the same except for the price . The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio
So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here .

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . . . yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this=2 0on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago . . . . . . )

Let's get with the program . .. . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and
create more jobs here in the U . S . A .

marahal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »

Shocked
It's about time we saved some American job's. And I am not very surprised that we can make it better, but cheaper as well now that's a bonus.
Have you looked at your tools? I only buy American made tools because the tools made in China break on a regular basis, it's just cheaper in the long run especially if you use your tools more than once.
Sorrow
Administrator
old

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »

We should all make an effort to buy American made products.
Mr. OuTLaWiSTiC
old

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:47:24 PM »

importing with little exporting.. this is a goal of the international bankers to break our countrys economy.   our country borrows money from the fed reserve... not many people realize that in 1913 the fed reserve act was introduced to our country..  it gave a individual group organization the control of our money... these people of the federal reserve are a coporation and have no connection with out government other then that... they loan money to our government treasury which in turns loans money to banks... the federal reserve lends to our country with interest applied... then our treasury will loan to banks and the banks will loan to us with more added interest..  the banks are owned by the same people that own the reserve..   

so lets say we get 100,000,000 loaned to the treasury.. they will have lets say  25  million to pay in interest on that loan.. so in all you get 100 mill and owe 125 mill..   now like you have noticed there is alot of products that used to be made in america  that are  magicaly in other countries now.. why is that? because the international bankers have molded it to be... now majority of our money instead of staying in the states to help build capital gains, is now going over to another country depleating the money loaned to america.. so when it comes time to pay the loan back how can you when you sent all your money to another country? you needed to at least make that 100,000,000 return to pay the loan and hoped that you could get that 100 mill to build some capital.. the system is rigged for failure with  the power to control the inflation and deflation of the american dollar... since 1913 the dollar has been inflated over 2000 percent.  during a depression is there time where they stop pumping money into the system and allow it to deflate... its is deflating just because they stopped loans and then blame it on us because we cant pay our loans.... 

imagine a baloon is the usa... air is money.. if the balloon is flat we are one broke county..   lets say the hole to fill the balloon is where the fed reserve is tapped into..  they have the lungs to fill the balloon with air... now what if there is a hole or several holes in the balloon.. (buying imported products) made in china, europe, japan, korea, canada, mexico and so on..  as you can see the fed reserve must keep blowing the balloon up in order to keep air (money) in the balloon.. since it has a constant leak...

i suggest watching the video i posted called torn from the land.  it gives a better description.
marahal
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:59:05 PM »

BRAVO now that is putting it straight. Buy American It's all we can do at this point. As J.F.K. said beware the Gnomes of Zurich 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:06:38 PM by marahal » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: