Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Reply to Senator Rubio's Response  (Read 3488 times)
Victor Laslow
Editors

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »

In response to your reply.
Senator Marco Rubio

Dear Senator Marco Rubio,   

Is it the Russian Pipe Line or a strong Iranian ally that threatens our National security?

I am happy to see you did not support a limited strike on the Syrian regime but I was not aware that you just like the Lord of War John McCain supported an even worse response to the inhumanity in Syria.

The Syrian Transition Support Act, S.960,
The fact is their is no way on G/ds green Earth that S.960 can guarantee the weapons would not be used against us in the future.
Do you remember the 4 dead in Benghazi, they too funneled weapons to the so called freedom fighters and at a time their were supposedly no Al Qaeda in Syria, look what it got them.
More than half of the rebels are known Al Qaeda and off shoots, they kidnap & murder Christians, eat the hearts out of dead soldiers and murder captives.
In that case who are we? The good, (certainly not) how about the bad or the ugly?
Because of the ineptness of Obama (intentionally or not) we did nothing when we had the chance to help the true freedom fighters now all but gone.
But now that Al Qaeda is strong in Syria Obama and McCain want to help! 
However you Senator Rubio know all this and still you are playing into their hands.
Are you willing to pose for a picture as well?
Just where do you belong?
How can we as a nation say we are supporting the side of goodness when all we see is our governments treasonous support of our enemies?
Russia did not attack on 911, Islamists did.
The very same Islamists who want too with our help, turn the Middle East into a Caliphate. 
Most of the public is in the dark as to why we are taking the side of the devil, but from what I have gleaned it is to stop Russia from building an oil pipe line so they would be able to sell their oil on the open market in Europe.
Who is afraid of a FREE market?
If you truly want a Free America Trade with all Treaty with nun.
I do not know about most people who graduated from the faux educational system we now have today but to me, more oil on the market would only bring down the price of oil, (you know supply and demand) I would be happy to buy Russian oil if the price was lower than Arabian oil. with that in mind I ask;

Who do you work for?
Is it the Saudi royal family, the banks and big oil or the American people like me who have supported you all the while thinking you a PATRIOT? 

No more American blood for OPEC, Banking and Big Oil!!!

And please do not tell me we are defending Israel, I love Israel but first and foremost I am an AMERICAN and I know better, Israel can defend herself if we let her.

All in reply to this letter:

Thank you for contact ing me to express your concerns regarding the United States' policy toward Syria. I am grateful for your thoughts and the opportunity to respond. 

As you may know, in March   2011 the Syrian people began to protest the repressive regime of Bashar al-Assad. In response to the demonstrations, Assad engaged in a military crackdown  which resulted in an estimated 100,000 death s , a number that is climbing every day . Assad's violent response to the Syrian people's legitimate demand for freedom demonstrate s   why  his regime is a source of instability and why  he   lost his legiti macy to govern a long time ago.  It i s important to note  the end of the Assad regime would be a significant strategic loss to the current regime in Iran , and therefore i n America's national interest.

On September 4, 2013, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted on S.J. Res. 21, the Authorization for the Use of Military Force against the Government of Syria to Respond to Use of Chemical Weapons. I voted against S.J. Res. 21 because I believe a limited strike by the United States government will not advance our goal of deterring Assad from using chemical weapons and could lead to dangerous, unwanted consequences. A military response is not the only way to respond to Syria. Instead of a military response, the United States' response should be a multifaceted plan to help the Syrian people replace Assad with a moderate, secular government as I have been advocating for years now.

I continue my support of the Syrian Transition Support Act, S.960 which passed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on July 24, 2013. S.960 would not only openly provide lethal assistance, but would increase non-lethal support to carefully and properly vetted opposition groups. Additionally,  S.960  would place sanctions on financial institutions and individuals that have provided sale of weapons or petroleum to  Assad, would create a transition fund that would assist in the transition to a moderate government and would increase humanitarian aid to the Syrian people and surrounding countries who are hosting millions of refugees. I provided a statement for the record on my on policy concerning Syria at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee which you can view  he r e .

As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, I will keep your thoughts in mind as the situation in Syria continues to unfold and I will continue to work to ensure that the United States remains a safe and prosperous nation.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: