Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1 on 1 with Congressman Bill Posey  (Read 3591 times)
marahal
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »

This past Thursday I had a distinct pleasure; I found it refreshing to be able to ask questions that are relevant to me, my family and community, to get straight-up, honest answers from Congressman Bill Posey.

A few days ago, I had a chat with Representative Posey.  In the past couple of days, I researched his responses. What I found was as stunning as it was undeniably true.

For example, did you know why Health care failed to pass under Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton? You can find out by reading Tom Daschle’s book on health care.  If you read it, he tells the truth about one thing - the reason their health care plans failed. It was because the Democrats let the congress read the bill first.  Once they read the bill and the people found out what was in it, it was doomed to fail. So no health bill for Carter and no bill for Clinton.

But Obama, well he can read and is a good study.  He learned from Tom Daschle’s book on health care, now check this out. When Obama's stimulus spending bill was brought up for vote in the democratically controlled congress, Obama and speaker Polosi demanded it be passed as soon as possible.  There was no time to wait.

The bill was a set up, its timing was so that not one Congressman could read the bill and the bill would be passed without the scrutiny of the people. What do they think every Americans name is Ben D. Over?

Congressman Bill Posey told me waited on the floor of the house until 10:30. Still with no bill in sight, he returned to his apartment finally at 11:30.  He recalled as he was watching Jeff Gordon qualifying at Daytona, he received a call - the bill was placed online at 11:35.  He started to read, having no idea how big it was he read until late that night, he stopped at 1:30 knowing he had to wake at 5:00 a.m.

The next morning Rep Posey and his staff had trouble binding the 1,178 printed pages presented to him; it had taken 2 of the largest (not 1 but 2) tie downs to strap down the bill. Reading all he could and being a fast reader he still found it impossible to read the entire bill. He also noted “this Stimulus bill even has hand written notes in the margins. That same morning the bill was open on the floor for discussion at 9:00 a.m. It passed at 2 p.m.”

But not with Representative Bill Posey’s vote, he and other courageous Congressmen and women voted no. Reasoning, he told me “Would you sign a contract that was shoved in your face that you were not allowed read?” Rep Posey did not fall for the trust me boy, just sign because it's good for you bit.

Again Rep Posey looked me straight in the eye and said. ”John Boehner challenged them has anybody in congress read this bill? Step up or forever hold your piece!” “Nobody, nada, zilch!”

Immediately after the bill passed, Speaker Pelosi had to rush off to Italy to meet with the Pope and our illustrious leader.  He said, "We don’t have time to read this bill.  We need this bill passed now to save our economy." Well he said I’m not signing this bill now, I’ll sign it in five days and sped straight away to California for a jaunt or something. Personally I feel violated, he didn’t care the bill passed, now the people can read it and there is nothing they can do. There was no hurry.

My hat is off to Congressman Bill Posey for voting no along with all the other congressmen/women who put the people first and refused to sign a bill without being allowed to read it beforehand. “You can call us the party of no all you like.  I will never sign a bill without being allowed to read it beforehand”.

I also asked Rep. Posey about the Nationalized Health Care bill up for discussion; His interpolation was thorough and informative. So I looked into that as well. I now know that if Obama gets this health care bill passed as a nationalized health care, it will be The D.N.R bill, for those of you who do not know the acronym it’s "Do Not Resuscitate".

That program would be so overwhelmed that service to people over 40 would be turned down for procedures that might be needed to save their lives. Instead Representative Posey brought up innovative ways to provide health care to everybody who wants it and without laying down for special interests, or having to deny service to anybody.

Ideas like Community Health Care Centers that can help in several ways. They could organize group insurance for people that don’t fit in other large groups.  That way they could enjoy low premiums just like the participants of other major groups.

Then I asked about gun control, the Congressman’s response gave me a feeling of so much pride that I have not felt in years. "If it takes my last breath we will never lose the right to bear arms. That is something I would fall on my sword for!"

On Cap and Trade, the Congressman was very well informed. There is so much more than just having to fix up every house before you sell it. It’s government going Madoff. Did you know that the idea of cap and trade was developed by Ken Lay of the ENRON fame; it was a way to develop a new market to make money without working for it. Representative Posey went into this in detail.

There is so much information, I suggest you go to http://www.posey.house.gov/. See his you tube videos about the third button down on the right. I did, it took some time to view them but the information given was indisputable as well as alarming.

Posey Cap and Trade Forum Part 2 was my favorite but don’t let that stop you from watching it all.

Then Contact your Senator and tell them to vote NO!

If you care and really want to know how Cap and Trade is a hidden tax as well as a new playground for speculators to make money on Wall Street, take the time and view the videos that Rep Posey has made available to everybody.

Marahal
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:53:50 PM by marahal » Logged
Marcus
old

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:04 AM »

Nice!
 Smiley
bbrown
Editors
old

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

Well done, Mr. Posey! Keep up the good work.
Sorrow
Administrator
old

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »

Kudos to Mr. Bill Posey for having the courage of his convictions. We will stand behind you and support you! It is good to see someone refuse to just sign on the dotted line.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: